Dress Code Requirements
Please be aware of the dress code before buying school clothes for the fall.
DRESS AND GROOMING
The district’s dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevent disruption, and minimize safety hazards. Students and parents may determine a student’s personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply with the following
- Shorts and Skirts are allowed. Shorts must not be shorter than 5 inches above the knee. Skirts must not be shorter than 2 inches above the knee. Dresses or skirts with slits will be measured at the top of the slit. Leotards, yoga pants, or tight sweats, except when worn under other shorts or skirts that meet the dress code requirements, are prohibited.
- ALL Shirts must have sleeves. All shirts must be long enough to be tucked in and stay tucked in when arms are extended above the head. Tank tops, muscle shirts, halter tops, transparent shirts and sleeveless shirts are NOT permitted. No cleavage or backs should be visible.
- Shirts that are see-through must have shirts that are dress code appropriate under them.
- Clothing shall not be suggestive or indecent. (No alcohol, drug, tobacco, sexual connotation or gang related material shall be worn)
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist. All oversized clothing will be prohibited. (Second offense of sagging will result in the student being required to tuck in and wear a belt for the remainder of the year.)
- Any clothing with holes in which skin or undergarments may be seen are prohibited. Holes may be patched or backed with permanent material.
- Sleep or pajama pants will not be permitted
- Clothing and accessories that damage furniture will be prohibited (pants with chains or metal studs).
Students must be clean-shaven at all times. Mustaches, goatees and beards are prohibited.
(repeat offenses could result in disciplinary actions)
- Hair color must be of a natural origin and non-distractible style. (Mohawks, designs shaved in the hair, hair pieces of non-natural origin, etc. will not be permitted)
- Hair length for males may be no longer than the bottom of the collar or below the eyebrows. Males will not wear ponytails. Sideburns may not extend past the earlobes. Hair may not stick up more than two inches from the student’s scalp.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. House shoes and shoes with wheels are not permitted.
- No head coverings or caps will be allowed in the building.
- Male students will not be allowed to wear earrings.
- Nose rings, tongue rings, or any other piercing will NOT be allowed. No studs or spacers may be used.
- No rakes, combs, or picks may be worn or carried in pockets.
- Final authority of the dress code will rest with the Principal.
If the Principal determines that a student’s grooming or clothing violates the school’s dress code, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school if they have a change of clothes at school with them. If not corrected, the student will be given either sweats or a t-shirt to wear the remainder of the day. Students will not be allowed to call for a change of clothes. Students refusing to comply will be suspended the remainder of the day. Repeated offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.